Monday, July 11, 2016

Day 1 Reflection

Today's class reminded me of a few factors crucial to learning.  A learner does not always have schema for new concepts, which makes the learning more difficult. My schema for  technology, including navigating my Android phone, setting up stations on Pandora, and color-coding my Google doc folders, provided no connections for mastering blogging and tweeting!  I felt my brain try to connect to something familiar, but it failed miserably!  I'm not going to lie; the hashtag symbol, to me, once meant number or worse yet, conjured up a game of tic-tac-toe. Learning something new also requires repetition! Once I went back over my notes and double checked Rachel's slides, I felt more confident.  A classmate also repeated  helpful directions for me.  Motivation is what our 21st century learners have about technology and it is up to educators to take advantage of that motivation - and provide rich opportunities for students to showcase their learning both locally and globally.

No comments:

Post a Comment